Full-Session: June 29, 2019 – July 20, 2019
Tuition and Housing:
$2600 for the 3 week session.
Participants will receive a minimum of four private lessons during the course of the festival. In addition to lessons there will be daily chamber music coachings with the faculty. Students will be assigned chamber music in late April and are expected to arrive in Minnesota with their parts learned. Performances for the public begin soon after arrival.
Performance opportunities abound:
• 6 library concerts in various cities,
• 6 or more solo and chamber music concerts,
• 2 orchestra concerts, conducted by Gavriel Heine
• a concerto competition with three winners selected, and
• Winners concert at the newly restored, historic Hibbing High School Auditorium
• Final closing concert and presentation of awards for best season’s performances.
Housing is provided at Hibbing Community College dormitories. Dorm Rooms are configured as a two bedroom suite, (two or three single beds in each room) with two private baths, a common area and a full kitchen. Counselors will assist pre-college students with breakfasts in the dorm and accompany them to restaurants daily. Meals can be taken in local restaurants, purchased at a nearby supermarket, or can be prepared either at the school Home Ec rooms or the dorms. NLMF will provide some communal meals in various sites, including Aurora and Ely.
Free Airport pick-up from the Hibbing/Chisholm, Minnesota (HIB) airport is provided, as well as daily transportation to rehearsal sites.
Hibbing Community College dormitory apartments with living room and full kitchen.
Or apply by mail.