The Androy Hotel was built in 1921 by the Oliver Iron Mining Company to anchor the city’s new business district, which was being relocated so the Hull–Rust–Mahoning Open Pit Iron Mine could expand. The Androy Hotel was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1986 for its local significance in the themes of architecture and industry. When the East Howard Street Commercial Historic District was designated in 1993, the Androy Hotel was listed as a contributing property.
The hotel closed in 1977. In 1994 it underwent adaptive reuse to become a mixed-use commercial and residential property.